Kensington Station 5 is located at 10620 Connecticut Avenue, on the corner with Plyers Mill Road, in Old Town Kensington. Built in 1946, it was renovated in the early 1970's and again in 2001. Station 5 houses the Corporation administrative offices and the KVFD Auxiliary. Station 5 is staffed 100% by Volunteers every Monday thru Friday, from 1700-0700 hours, and all weekends - 70% of the total shifts!
It is the only all Volunteer firehouse in Montgomery County, Maryland. Weekdays from 0700-1700, the station is staffed by five Montgomery County Fire-Rescue Services career firefighters.
- 2017 Chevrolet Paramedic Chase Car - ALS705
- 2015 Freightliner Basic Life Support Ambulance - A705
- 2017 Pierce Engine - E705
- 2014 Pierce Engine - E705B
- 2011 Brush Truck - B705
- Canteen Rehabilitation Unit - CT705